Isolates are typically products that have a single cannabinoid in them (e.g., only CBD) and can come in many different formats, such as powders, oils and all types of edible products. For the purposes of this specific blog, we will be discussing isolate powders, a form that some people may not be as familiar with.
What is CBD Isolate?
CBD isolate is 99% pure CBD in powder form. It contains nothing but pure and isolated CBD. Other terpenes, flavonoids or cannabinoids are not present in the isolate. The result is a powder that can be mixed with food or drinks.
How to Consume CBD Isolate
Aurora offers an isolate that is an odorless powder and is meant to be taken either sublingually (placed under your tongue until dissolved) or ingested by adding it to drinks, sauces, soups, etc.
To consume Aurora’s CBD Isolate, simply follow one of the options below:
- Place directly under your tongue until dissolved
- Stir into drinks (smoothies, water, etc.) or food (sauces, soups, etc.)
- This isolate is fully decarbed, meaning the CBD is active and does not need to be heated, though the powder will dissolve quicker in warm foods/drinks (note that if the food or drink is too hot, it could degrade the CBD).
What You Need to Know About Dosing CBD Isolate
One activation (a single scoop) contains about 49.55mg of CBD, which is considered a higher dose. Therefore, this product is recommended for those that already have experience consuming CBD. Start by taking a single dose (one scoop). If you don’t achieve the desired effects, increase over the next few days until you feel like you’ve achieved the desired effect. Again, please keep in mind that this product contains a high concentration of CBD.
If you’re new to CBD, we suggest starting with a different product that contains a lower dose of CBD. The following are great products for CBD beginners:
- Aurora CBD Softgels: Easy-to-swallow capsules that contain about 10 mg of CBD per capsule.
- Peach CBD Gummies: Delicious, easy-to-chew edible with 10 mg of CBD per gummy.
- Aurora CBD Drops: Another easy-to-use and convenient way to get your daily dose of CBD.
Have Any Other Questions About Consuming Cannabis?
We’re here to help! Please don’t hesitate to contact our Client Care team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-877-928-7672. We are open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET (6 a.m. to 4 p.m. PT).